Partner Church Resource Centre
The partner church resource centre is a destination for partner churches to become equipped and encouraged.Partner church resources
Become a partner
There is a need for pastors and church leaders who can teach and lead theologically.Become a partner
We live in a time of great need. A time that needs pastors and church leaders who can teach and lead theologically. Preparing individuals to lead with biblical insight, compassion, and skill calls for a partnership between churches and seminaries.
Churches excel in providing pastoral students with leadership opportunities, relational skills, and ministry experience. Churches (especially pastors and elders) are in the prime position to recognize those in their midst with pastoral gifting and a ministry calling.
Seminaries excel in providing pastoral students with biblical language skills, hermeneutical competency, theological depth and breadth, historical perspective and homiletical skills.
Benefits of becoming a partner church
To forge and sustain a meaningful partnership in training servant leaders for ministry, we choose to uphold the following commitments to our partner churches:
- Provide theological training that combines academic excellence with ministry usefulness. Courses are available in multiple formats such as modular, multi-modal, and online.
- Partner Church Scholarship (College) - Up to
$3,000for college students at your church that have not previously considering Bible College.
- Seminary Bursary - We offer a 25% discount on seminary courses to ministry staff, wives of pastors, and interns.
- Matching College Scholarship up to $1400 - Heritage will match sponsorship contributions from a student's home church up to a maximum of $700 for a total of $1,400. This scholarship is available for students entering a full-time degree program, who are recommended by their home church, and who have met university entrance requirements.
- Provide experienced counsel to churches for establishing and overseeing an effective internship program. Heritage has a template for a two-year internship that has proven to be both fruitful and cost-effective.
- Offer on-going ministry resources for pastoral and ministry staff of partner churches.
- Two for one tickets to our on-site conferences - Heritage Preaching Lectures (early autumn) and Ministry Leadership Day (late winter).
- Ongoing access to Heritage Library resources.
- Free use of our residence facilities for pastoral study retreats during summer months.
- Availability of our faculty to preach or teach at partner churches. Heritage is also willing to cover the expenses of guest faculty speakers if this is helpful to the church.
- Schedule an annual opportunity for Partner Churches to offer input that will help shape the pastoral training provided by Heritage.
What is your commitment to Heritage?
- Pray for future church leaders to arise from your congregation and for the effectiveness of Heritage in helping to train those who attend the school.
- Encourage students to explore Heritage for quality biblical training and ministry equipping using Heritage promotional materials or annual visits from our faculty or other representatives.
- Set a faith goal of establishing an internship at the church to intentionally train a student for pastoral ministry. Provide mentoring and financial support for their classes.
- Contributing financially to Heritage College and Seminary by supporting students from your church, taking an annual love offering, or including Heritage in the regular church budget.